APRIL 2017: TALKS AT EGU
- I’m delighted to have secured funding from the British Hydrological Society to give two talks at the European Geosciences Union in Vienna in April:
- Slater, L.J.. (April 2017), An early career researcher’s perspective on presenting flood risk research to the media), EGU Meeting, Austria.
- Slater, L.J. Villarini, G. (April 2017), Statistical-dynamical long-range seasonal forecasting of streamflow with the North-American Multi Model Ensemble (NMME), EGU Meeting, Austria.
FEB 2017: SEMINAR @ READING
- Research seminar at Water@Reading on February 23rd, 2017. The topic of my talk will be on disentangling the different drivers of changing flood hazards, and predicting changing streamflow patterns.
FEB 2017: INTERVIEW FOR YHS
- Research “Hylight”: Q&A for the Young Hydrologic Society
JAN 2017: INTERVIEW
- Our work was featured in MIT’s UnDark magazine following an interview with Robin Lloyd
JAN 2017: MOVED TO LOUGHBOROUGH, UK
- I’m thrilled to have just started a new position as Lecturer in Physical Geography in the Geography Department at Loughborough University, UK
DEC 2016: MEDIA ATTENTION FOR GRL PAPER
- Our Geophysical Research Letters paper on Recent trends in US flood risk has been featured as a Research Spotlight on Eos
- The University of Iowa’s Press Release has been picked up by multiple press outlets (incl. NSF’s Science360, Daily Mail, National Geographic, Earth, UPI, BeforeItsNews, PhysOrg, Newswise & others)
DEC 2016: NEW PAPER IN IJC
- New paper in International Journal of Climatology: On the impact of gaps on trend detection in extreme streamflow time series
DEC 2016: NEW PAPER IN GRL
- New paper in Geophysical Research Letters on Recent trends in US flood risk