Louise Slater is Associate Professor in the School of Geography and the Environment (University of Oxford), tutorial fellow of Hertford College, honorary visiting fellow at Loughborough University, and Chair of the Oxford Water Network. She obtained a PhD in Earth and environmental sciences from the University of St Andrews (UK), was a geography graduate student of the Ecole Normale Superieure Lyon (France), and an undergraduate at the Lycee Henri IV Classes preparatoires (Paris, France).
river science, floods, hydro-climatology, climate, data science, big data, fluvial geomorphology, statistics.
- 2018-ongoing: Associate Professor in Physical Geography, School of Geography and the Environment, University of Oxford, UK
- 2018-ongoing: Fellow and Tutor, Hertford College, University of Oxford, UK
- 2017-2018: Lecturer in Physical Geography, Loughborough University, UK
- 2015-2016: Research Scholar, IIHR-Hydroscience & Engineering, University of Iowa, USA
- 2014-2015: Lecturer in Physical Geography, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- 2009-2010: EU Environmental Policy Administrator, BIO Intelligence Service, Paris, France
- 2020-ongoing: Associate Editor, Geoscience Data Journal, Royal Meteorological Society (Open access, GDJ RMS)
- 2017-ongoing: Editor, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Copernicus Publications (Open access, HESS)
- 2018-ongoing: Honorary Visiting Fellow in River Science, School of Social Sciences, Loughborough University, UK
OTHER SERVICE & ROLES