Our research group works on hydro-climatological extremes (especially the processes driving flood nonstationarity), fluvial geomorphology, and water resources in a changing climate. If you are interested in undertaking research with us, please do send me an email, CV, and description of your research interests.
PhD (DPhil) funding:
Enquiries about joining the group from students with their own sources of funding are always welcomed.
Funding options include:
- Environmental research DTP (the Oxford Doctoral Training Programme)
- External scholarships (list of fellowships provided by Oxford)
- China Scholarship council studentships
- European exchanges and study bursaries
- Commonwealth split-site scholarship: these DFID awards support 12 months study at a UK university as part of an applicant’s doctoral studies in their home country.
i. Funded positions in our group:
- All new vacancies are posted on the School of Geography website.
- I also tweet about new vacancies on Twitter.
- University of Oxford ‘Junior Research Fellowships’ (search on college websites)
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships
- Newton International Fellowships
- EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships
- EPSRC Career Acceleration Fellowships
- Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships