- Chair of the Oxford Water Network (Website; Twitter)
- Outreach and Education secretary for the British Society for Geomorphology
ARTICLES & INTERVIEWS
- 2017 08: Perspective for Science, Measuring the changing pulse of rivers
- 2017 08: Interviews based on the Science perspective for Carbon Brief (Daisy Dunne), Inside Climate News (Bob Berwyn), and Climate Central (Andrea Thompson) and Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (Piotr Heller).
- 2017 04: PICO talk at EGU – An Early Career Researcher’s perspective on presenting flood risk research to the media
- 2017 02: Research “Hylight” (hydrological highlight) – Q&A for the Young Hydrologic Society on our GRL paper Recent trends in U.S. flood risk
- 2016 12: Q&A for MIT’s UnDark Magazine, in article by Robin Lloyd, “Flood Risk Figures Get Friendlier”, Dec 2016
- 2015 07: Article for Planet Earth, Changing Channels. NERC’s magazine, aimed at non-specialists (Autumn 2015 edition). Two-page feature on how open data can help defend against river flooding. Html version.
- 2015 07: Article for the Flooding and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Network (FCERMnet) http://www.fcerm.net/news/channel-capacity
- 2015 06: Interview for Funding Insight, on obtaining and completing the Early Career Researcher Grant from the British Society for Geomorphology.
- 2015 03 12: Interview for BBC Radio4‘s Inside Science explaining the effects of changing river channel capacity on flood hazards:
(starts about 10 minutes in, after the excerpt from the Archers).
OTHER MEDIA ATTENTION
- 2017 08 11: quoted in Daily Mail article Global warming is causing spring flooding in the UK to occur 15 days EARLIER than it did 50 years ago
- 2017 08 11: quoted in Daily Express article Global warming has triggered EARLIER Spring flooding in Britain
- 2017 01: Multiple press outlets picked up the U.Iowa’s press release – incl. NSF’s Science360, National Geographic, Earth, UPI, BeforeItsNews, PhysOrg, Newswise & others (all the same)
- 2016 12 31: Daily Mail How the threat of floods is shifting across the US: Map reveals the risk is growing in the north, but dropping in the south
- 2016 12 29: Science Daily Flood threast changing across US
- 2016 12 29: The University of Iowa’s Press Release Flood threats changing across US by Richard Lewis
- 2016 12 21: EOS Research spotlight Tracking Trends in U.S. Flood Risk
- 2015 AGUniverse Publication Highlight
- 2015 02 05: University of St Andrews Press release in The Saint, Research will help to prevent future floods, by M. Litherland
- 2015 02 09: Swamp School Paradigm shift in flood risk analysis
- 2015 02: Various press outlets pick up UCSB’s press release, incl. Geoengineer, Phys.org, and others (all the same)
- 2015 01 24: Herald Scotland Scientists measure flood risk
- 2015 01 23: University of St Andrews Press Release: Lessons Learnt in US Help Tackle Global Flooding
- 2015 01 22 Environmental News Network, Science Daily Going with the flow: Is river basin management misguided?
- 2015 03 02: Environmental Monitor
- 2013 04 Geological Society of America (GSA) Press Release
- 2013 04 23: University of St Andrews Press Release: River beds on the move: shifting flood risk?