In the short video below, I introduce myself and my research:
- Invited on BBC Radio4’s Inside Science to explain the effects of changing river channel capacity on flood hazards:
- March 12 2015 (starts about 10 minutes in, after the excerpt from the Archers).
- Feb 2017: Research “Hylight” (hydrological highlight) – Q&A for the Young Hydrologic Society on our GRL paper Recent trends in U.S. flood risk
- Dec 2016: Q&A for MIT’s UnDark Magazine, in article by Robin Lloyd, “Flood Risk Figures Get Friendlier”, Dec 2016
- June 2015: interview for Funding Insight, on obtaining and completing the Early Career Researcher Grant from the British Society for Geomorphology.
- March 2015: BBC Radio4‘s Inside Science (see above)
- Article for Planet Earth, Changing Channels. NERC’s magazine, aimed at non-specialists (Autumn 2015 edition). Two-page feature on how open data can help defend against river flooding. Html version.
- Article for the Flooding and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Network (FCERMnet) http://www.fcerm.net/news/channel-capacity
OTHER MEDIA ATTENTION
- Jan-2017: Multiple press outlets picked up the U.Iowa’s press release – incl. NSF’s Science360, National Geographic, Earth, UPI, BeforeItsNews, PhysOrg, Newswise & others (all the same)
- 31-Dec-2016: Daily Mail How the threat of floods is shifting across the US: Map reveals the risk is growing in the north, but dropping in the south
- 29-Dec-2016: Science Daily Flood threast changing across US
- 29-Dec-2016: The University of Iowa’s Press Release Flood threats changing across US by Richard Lewis
- 21-Dec-2016: EOS Research spotlight Tracking Trends in U.S. Flood Risk
- 2015 AGUniverse Publication Highlight
- 5-Feb-2015: University of St Andrews Press release in The Saint, Research will help to prevent future floods, by M. Litherland
- 9-Feb-2015: Swamp School Paradigm shift in flood risk analysis
- Feb-2015: Various press outlets pick up UCSB’s press release, incl. Geoengineer, Phys.org, and others (all the same)
- 24-Jan-2015: Herald Scotland Scientists measure flood risk
- 23-Jan-2015: University of St Andrews Press Release: Lessons Learnt in US Help Tackle Global Flooding
- 22-Jan-2015 Environmental News Network, Science Daily Going with the flow: Is river basin management misguided?
- 2-Mar-2015: Environmental Monitor
- Apr-2013 Geological Society of America (GSA) Press Release
- 23-April-2013: University of St Andrews Press Release: River beds on the move: shifting flood risk?